Their analysis has identified the most and least charitable of the United States:
Most Charitable States
2 South Dakota
Least Charitable States
43 Rhode Island
47 New Jersey
49 West Virginia
- The volunteer rate is 200% greater in Utah than Louisiana.
- The %'age of donated income is 400% greater in Utah than New Hampshire.
- The %'age of the population who claim to have donated time is 200% greater in Utah than in Kentucky.
- The %'age of taxpayers who donated money to charity is 300% greater in Maryland than West Virginia.
- The median contribution to charity is 300% greater in Utah than Rhode Island.
- The number of charities/capita is 500% greater in Vermont than Nevada.
The study also re-confirms that so-called "red" states demonstrate greater charitable giving than the so-called "blue" states.
Let the discussion begin...
To check out the WalletHub study, click on the following link:
2014’s Most & Least Charitable States.