1. Concerning how climate change posing an immediate risk to national security:
Those who worship at the altar of environmentalism--especially President Obama and AlGore--would have everyone believe that global warming is going to cause greater instability across the globe, especailly in regions that already are unstable. Based upon this belief, droughts and natural disasters are endangering food supplies, causing shortages of important resources, leading to mass migrations, and generating new conflicts. The future is bleaker.
However, this belief doesn't square with reality. The data indicate:
- The earth has seen more precipitation due to warming temperatures. As a result, soil moisture has improved and water is both safe and more abundant.
- In turn, this warming has promoted not damaged crop production. Growing seasons are longer and higher concentrations of carbon dioxide have increased crop yields.
2. Concerning how global warming is causing glaciers to shrink:
A very misleading claim. In fact: The Antarctic Ice Sheet (AIS) has grown steadily since the government first began measuring it in 1979. Despite that growth, icebergs have broken off of it.
- In 2013, environmentalists pointed to one iceberg ("larger than the city of Chicago") that broke away from the Pine Island Glacier (part of the West AIS.
- In 2013, the Antarctic Ice Sheet set a record for being more extensive than any time in recorded history, In 2014, the AIS grew even larger.
- Environmentalists contend that Montana's Glacier National Park has seen a reduction in glaciers from 150 to 35 over the last 100 years. Again, a misleading claim. In fact: Those glaciers have been receding for 300+ years. Back in the 1700's, there were no coal-fired power plants or automobiles. Man-made climate change?
Come to think of it, Jesus' dictum to "preach the Gospel to the ends of the earth"--which is part of the Pope's job description--appeals to those who worship at the altar of environmentalism. They like it because they're seeking to jam their political, social, and economic ideology down the throats of people across the globe.
The trouble is the Gospel of Environmentalism is constructed upon at least 10 global warming falsehoods.
Pope Francis won't be fooled by these Latter Day Disciples of Gaia.
Let the discussion begin...
To read the Forbes article, click on the following link:
"Top 10 Global Warming Lies That May Shock You."