- They'd have people living in fear that scorching temperatures, melting ice caps, killer hurricanes and tornadoes, and disappearing polar bears portend the end of civilization as we know it.
- They'd have people believe that unless the nations of the world drastically reduce emissions, rising CO2 emissions will cause more floods and droughts as well as devastating tornadoes and hurricanes.
- They'd have people attribute terrorism, migration, prostitution, bar-room brawls, airline turbulence, and less snow (or more snow, depending on the season of year it happens to be) to global climate change.
Why? Man-made catastrophic climate change caused by airplanes, trains, and automobiles as well as by factories and farms.
Don't believe these "facts"? Well, then, there's that so-called "scientific consensus."
All of this blather reminds The Motley Monk of the Tin Man in the "Wizard of Oz" warning Dorothy and the Straw Man of all of those lions, tigers, and bears lurking in the woods (or was it a rain forest?). The trio work themselves up into such a lather that ultimately proves to be nothing.
Don't believe The Motley Monk?
Then check out ClimateDepot.com, CFACT’s award-winning website designed by Marc Morano, the Executive Editor and Chief Correspondent for CFACT. A former investigative reporter, Morano has produced "Climate Hustle" to offer the folks reliable, hard-to-unearth data concerning the climate change debate.
- Climate Hustle reveals the history of climate scares, examines the science on both sides of the debate, digs into the politics and media hype surrounding the issue, demonstrates how climate change has become a new religion for alarmists, and explains the impacts the environmentalist agenda will have upon people across the globe.
- Climate Hustle sets the record straight, featuring prominent scientists from around the world who used to warn about the dangers of man-made global warming but have re-examined the evidence. Their conclusion? They are more skeptical or have become outright skeptics of the "man-made climate change" thesis.
The film uses archival video clips with news footage spanning 4+ decades to deconstruct myths on both sides of the climate change debate, especially some whoppers on the part of those who worship at the altar of environmentalism:
- rarely seen clips of 1970s global cooling newscasts and how the environmental ideologoues in the 1980s used "stagecraft" to juice the narrative of man-made global warming fears;
- experts expressing their opinions and offering data that reveal how the environmental ideologues have either greatly exaggerated the data or have been flat out wrong concerning virtually every claim they've made in the climate change debate;
- the environmental ideologues' increasingly outlandish claims who, using a form of "climate astrology"--including doomsday predictions ranging from Y2K to the Mayan Calendar--have blamed every bad weather event--and now, societal evil as well--upon man-made global warming.
The film also features:
- "Stacking the Deck" which demonstrates how the notion of a "scientific consensus" concerning climate change is a pure fabrication, propaganda that the environmental ideologues have used to stifle debate.
- "Sleight of Hand" which examines whether CO2 is really the villain it's made out to be, providing viewers some of the crucial facts that AlGore conveniently omitted from his propagandistic documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth."
"Climate Hustle" has already premiered in Paris during the UN’s COP21 climate summit and is scheduled for theatrical and home video release in 2016. Once the film is released in the United States, The Motley Monk suggests checking it out. For viewing information, click here.
Let the discussion begin...