The problem is the reduction in income caused early into this collapse. As it impacts local churches, councils are having to consider selling property. One such property--a church parsonage--is a realtor's dream, described as "a unique property that can not be renovated or rebuilt anyhow, as well as the church next door, is a classic environment in the Västerdalarna."
Really? How so?
- The openly lesbian Bishop of Stockholm--the Most Reverend Eva Brunne--has proposed that Church of Sweden churches remove crucifixes and install prayer spaces for Muslims. (The original post has been expunged from the Bishop's website.) In addition, Bishop Brunne has suggested that clergy mark the direction of Mecca to make each church more welcoming places for Muslim guests who might be what she called "angels."
- The Church's Leftist stance on mass migration has led some of its clergypersons to clash with police when those clergypersons have attempted to prevent deportations.
- Last November, the Church of Sweden voted to adopt in its rituals "inclusive" language that neuters references to God. Henceforth:
- Clergy will refer to God in a gender-neutral fashion, without
"unnecessarily" using the male pronoun "He" or terms like "Lord."
- God should be referred to as "Mother" as well as "Father" in some
prayers: "God, Holy Trinity, and Mother, Son--Sister and Brother, and
Spirit-Lifeguard and Inspirator, lead us to your depths of wealth, wisdom
Bishop Brunne may believe she's purifying the Church of Sweden of its patriarchy and other sordid, exclusionary, and ancient sins in her effort to make its churches more inviting and welcoming.
But, the Bishop can't deny this singular fact: The data indicate that ordinary folks are voting with their feet. Her pews are emptying as are her coffers.
This is what's called an "unsustainable pastoral plan."
Let the discussion begin...
To access the websites identified in this post, click on the following links: