Worshiping daily at the high altar of the religion of environmentalism, these folks are being whipped up into "high gear."
Why? President Trump has signed an executive order putting an end to some very onerous EPA regulations.
- rewriting the Clean Power Plan;
- rolling back carbon standards for new power plants;
- stopping current court cases;
- throwing out the government’s method for counting the benefits of cutting dangerous carbon pollution;
- abandoning a moratorium on new coal leases on public lands; and,
- rescinding methane standards.
Breathless, NRDC President Rhea Suh is telling her congregants:
This is an all-out assault on the protections we need to avert climate catastrophe. It’s a senseless betrayal of our national interests. And it’s a short-sighted attempt to undermine American clean energy leadership.
Trump is sacrificing our future for fossil fuel profits--and leaving our kids to pay the price. This would do lasting damage to our environment and public lands, threaten our homes and health, hurt our pocketbooks and slow the clean energy progress that has already generated millions of good-paying jobs.
We won’t surrender our children’s future to fossil fuel profits without a fight.
Nobody voted to sound the retreat in the fight against rising seas, widening deserts, raging heat, drought and fires. The Clean Power Plan is the tool we need to cut our carbon footprint, give American workers a shot at the clean energy future, the economic play of our lifetime, and strike a blow against climate change. Those are stakes worth fighting for.
And the administration’s transparent bid to stop the D.C. circuit court from ruling on the merits of the Clean Power Plan reveals its well-placed fear that the plan is on rock-solid legal ground.
Kuh maintains her dire prophecies--intended to stir the faithful to action on behalf of the goddess, Gaia--are said to be based on "sound science, not willful ignorance" which abandons common sense. In her judgment, President Trump’s "loyalties lie with polluters, not the people.”
The Motley Monk has nothing but praise for Kuh's efforts. She's stirring up her congregants and providing the talking points for their appearances on the talking head, mainstream media shows this weekend. Listen for the talking points:
- Trump’s Climate Destruction Plan: A Deal He Can’t Close;
- Trump Admin Scapegoats China & India to Satisfy Polluters;
- US Climate Actions Can’t Be Stopped With the Stroke of a Pen;
- Killing Climate Action = Killing People;
- Don’t Believe What Donald Trump Says About Coal;
- Trump to Blindfold U.S. to Huge Cost of Carbon Pollution; and,
- New Study, Same Old...Tricks: Coal Industry Uses Bogus Accounting to Exaggerate Clean Power Plan Costs.
What's President Trump's response? He's ignoring the stormy petrels!
Nothing upsets the stormy petrels more than to be ignored...just like miscreant protesters on the nation's college campuses.
Let the discussion begin...
To access the websites identified in this post, click on the following links: