- Girls' clothing: 4% more
- Girls' toys and accessories: 7% more
- Women's clothing: 8% more
- Women's personal care products: 13% more
Sometimes 50% more, depending upon the age and location of the female!
This outrageous injustice is euphemistically called the "pink tax."
AnchorPumps.com conducted a nifty little study:
- A middle-aged female, a middle-aged male, and an elderly male contacted a list of plumbers across England requesting how much it would cost install a new faucet in the kitchen.
- The female caller was quoted 15% more than the male caller on average.
- In one area (the East Midlands) plumbers were the most likely to charge an inflated price.
- One female was quoted 53% more than a male for an identical job.
- The elderly male caller was charged 21% more than the male caller.
When confronted with the discrepancy, one company representative called it "surprising" to learn the extent to which quotations for the same job varied depending on location and the individual placing the telephone call.
"Surprising"? How about "knowingly complicit" in perpetrating an injustice?
Let the discussion begin...
To access the website identified in this post, click on the following link: